GrassyKnoll

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Outwitted by a Four Year Old

My dear daughter has been taking these baths lately where she plays with all of these princess toys that she has. These baths she refers to as "Princess Baths" and they are extra specialy special baths So, I said to her a few days ago, "I think I need to take a princess bath."

She replied, "No daddy, you need to take a king bath."

"You are right, I do need to take a king bath, because I am a king. In fact, I am an absolute monarch. Can you say absolute monarch?

Without missing a beat she retorts, "Absolutely monarch!"

In another incident this morning, I was singing Christmas carols. My wife said, "Could you please stop singing, we don't want to listen to you. I responded, Steve wants to hear me sing. The four year old chimes in, "No he doesn't.

I'm not quite sure but I think that a written constitution has been drawn up this week to limit the power of the monarch.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Ken Tennyson said…

    Ryan, I hear you. There is a similar lack of musical appreciation in my family. I say ignore the Grinches and sing full voice! It's the holiday's for goodness sakes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home